Pages

Recent Posts

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Peek at My Week - 9/16-9/20

Linking up with DeeDee from Mrs. Wills' Kindergarten for...
I am SO excited to begin teaching this week. Although I am not in the classroom this year, I do get to teach Character Education as a special to K-5. This only lasts 12 weeks (now until Dec. 19), so I am going to soak in all the lesson planning love I can get until then!

Keep a few things in mind that are different from full-time classroom teachers: 
I teach on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays only.
I have a variety of grade levels on Tuesday & Thursday, but only 5th grade on Fridays.
I only have 30 minutes with each class (EEEKKK!)
I teach 2-3 classes of each grade level during the week.
I have been told that this special is mostly discussion...however, I have added in a few short activities in case time allows.

Here's a little peek at my week. We are focusing on listening skills & being respectful students. This has the links to books, videos, activities, and lots of FREEBIES!
I can't wait to read these books this week! They are just plain FUN. I'm also curious to see what the kids come up with for their Lacey Walker activity.

This version is exactly the same but allows you to see more of the discussion questions.

I'll be back later this week to show you some of our fun activities in action! 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic list of mentor texts to use with such a wide range of kiddos! I am excited for you to begin teaching. I almost wish we did character ed as a "special" at my school - classroom teachers are expected to teach it but we always run into the not-enough-time-in-the-day issue!

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover