Pages

Recent Posts

Friday, September 5, 2014

5 for Friday! - 9/5/14


Whew! My first 5 for Friday link up in a LONG time. This new job makes me TIRED!!!

First off, here are some quotes that are currently keeping me going. The new job is OH SO different than teaching, and I'm not thrilled by it, but also don't despise it...I need to give it more time. I think I really just need time to adjust.
 This is a great one for those mornings where I just really don't want to go...
It's getting better...day by day. :)
I'm loving this new creation of mine. I've been wanting to create it for a LONG time. September 11 is so hard with little ones in the classroom. You want to respect the day, but you don't want to go into much detail...INTRODUCING "Remember 9/11 with Little Ones". 
I based this unit off of the book The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, which is a true story about a man named Philippe who walked on a cable between the Twin Towers in the 70s. This is a perfect way to touch on the memory of the towers without going into the sensitive material. Click on the preview for a link to the unit, and grab the freebie from this unit here.
I'm super excited to be a part of a wonderful group of teachers who are starting a collaborative blog for the primary grades! Keep an eye out on IG, Facebook, and here for more information and giveaways!
More information coming soon!
I'm obsessed with fall and it's almost here! Well, maybe not in Florida, but a girl can dream!!!! Here are my adorable kiddos last year on Pumpkin Day in various math, reading, and science centers.
I'm working on a pack right now that I just LOVE! It incorporates the centers you see above plus some additional ones. Keep an eye out for this! It will be perfect for primary classrooms in October, especially if you need to stray away from Halloween.
I am oh so excited for the weekend! I need a break, but have lots of Master's homework starting back up. It's my last year in this Reading program, and I do love the material. However, I am not a huge fan of the actual classes...hence my computer screen...
But it's Friday, so we will ignore the homework now! Happy Weekend!

Be sure to link back up with other teachers!

5 comments:

  1. I love those quotes! I hope your new job gets better soon!! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That unit is amazing...what a wonderful idea. Have a relaxing weekend. Stop by
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is always difficult! It would be so tough to leave the classroom, but everything in life has for a reason! I am a firm believer in that! I hope work gets a little easier for you! Stay positive, and remember you are doing great things, Meredith!

    Ashley
    One Sharp Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be tough to adjust to a new job. I am sure with time, you may like it even more than you expected. Thanks for sharing such wonderful ideas. 9/11 is a tough topic, especially with younger elementary students. I need to get a hold of that book. I just finished my K-12 reading endorsement. Keep going, you are doing great! Enjoy your weekend!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 9/11 packet is just perfect for younger kids. I am eagerly looking forward to your pumpkin activities, too. Our school does celebrate Halloween, but I don't. So, I'm always looking for (or creating) fall learning materials. Praying this week goes well for you.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover